Reading OsteoCare has taken the following steps in order to practice safely and effectively, as well as reduce the risk of infection. Please read the following information and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
1. Patient Screening:
- Prior to booking an appointment, all patients will be screened of possible symptoms of Covid-19 presented by them and other members of the household ,as per Government guidelines. The patient must inform the Osteopath if they are bringing a Chaperone (one member of same household only), as they will need to be screened as well.
- Returning patients must inform Reading OsteoCare if they or anyone in their household presents symptoms of Covid-19, as per Government guidelines. If unsure, please contact Reading OsteoCare, to discuss this further.
2. Other Pre-cautionary Steps:
- Patients are kindly asked to wait in their car until their appointment time. If you are travelling using other modes of transport, please arrive at your appointment time only.
- Patients will be required to sanitise their hands in the waiting area before entering the clinic room and upon leaving, using the correct technique (see poster in waiting area).
3. Cleaning Procedure:
- All contact surfaces are cleaned at the beginning and the end of the day, as well as between patients.
- All soft furnishings are steam cleaned between patients and end of day.
- Flooring will be cleaned on a daily basis.
- Washroom will be cleaned on a daily basis
4. Treatment Measures:
- Reading OsteoCare has sourced PPE to wear during appointments (gloves, aprons, masks and eye protection) based on individual’s case.
- Patients are advised to wear face masks during Osteopathic sessions, as per Government guidelines.
- Reading OsteoCare will continue to accept cash and cheque payments. However, upon request, BACS payments may also be made (based on each individual’s case).
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.
Date: 16th June 2020